Insurance & Billing Information

 
Here at Cape Cod Surgeons, P.C. we believe in providing top-quality medical care to everyone in need. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we ask that you make us aware of this before beginning treatment—we will arrange a special payment plan for you.
 
 
 

Fees and Billing

Billing questions or difficulties should be directed to our billing coordinator. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please make us aware of the problem prior to beginning treatment so that special payment plans can be arranged. Given the high cost of private practice, we review our fees annually to ensure that they are both reasonable and fair. The cost of the service is determined by several factors, mainly the physicians time, complexity of medical decision making and office overhead. Fees for office visits and surgery are available upon request.
 
Hand of Old Person Held by Younger One — Health Care in Falmouth, MA
 

Office Services

To help keep the cost of office services and ultimately health care services down, we ask you to:
 
  • Bring your insurance card with you each time you visit
 
  • Pay your co-pay for services at the time of your appointment
 
  • Provide us with your most recent address, telephone number and insurance information at each visit
 
If you belong to a managed health plan, be sure to have your primary care physician's office send us a referral prior to your appointment. If we do not have a referral in hand you will be given the option of paying for the visit at the time of service or rescheduling your appointment.
 

Insurance Guidelines

It is your responsibility to know what your insurance covers. The amount of your deductible, your co-pay, or if you need a referral for service. Please ask if you have any questions regarding your insurance plan or our billing practices.
  • Medicare
You must first meet your annual deductible. Medicare reimburses Cape Cod Surgeons 80% of their allowable fee. The remaining 20% by law, must be billed to you if you're not covered by a supplemental insurance plan such as Medex, AARP, Enhance, etc. We will bill your secondary insurance provider for fees not covered by Medicare.
  • Blue Cross/Blue Shield
There are several plans offered by BC/BS. You need to know what your plan covers. We will bill you for any non-covered balances as instructed by BC/BS.
  • Private/Commercial Insurance
Cape Cod Surgeons is usually reimbursed 80% of what the insurance company allows. The balance is the patient's responsibility and the insurance company expects us to bill you for it.
  • HMOs
Cape Cod Surgeons participates in Harvard Pilgram, Tufts and HMO Blue and accepts their allowed amounts. The patient is responsible for co-payments and obtaining referrals.
 

Payment for Service

We expect patients accounts to be paid promptly. We will remind you in a monthly statement of overdue amounts. All payments should be made payable and sent to Cape Cod Surgeons P.C., 210 Jones Road, Suite 2-5 Falmouth MA 02540. Credit card payments may be made at our office.
 
Patient Portal

Contact us in Falmouth, Massachusetts, if you have any questions about billing for our doctor’s office.